Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the year that was


Well here we are at the end of 2013.  The photo above was taken this morning.

Another year where there have been some truly lovely times and some pretty average ones as well. I'm an optimist so from where I sit this year I'm happy to say there have been more happy times than sad times, but maybe I've perfected the art of wearing rose coloured glasses, I think you need to when you are surrounded on a daily basis with depression and PTSD.

I enjoy taking photos on my iPhone. I'm not a photographer at all I just capture what's in front of me at that moment and see what I get. It's at this time of the year I'm glad I do this as I can flick back through my photos and recall all that has been. It really does fill my heart with joy to see what the year has dished up and know what I've overcome and what I need to continue to work on, there's always something!

I may have mentioned here before that I follow the blog 'fat mum slim' and the gal behind this blog has created a 'photo a day' list. This has provided me with all sorts of inspiration and on those days when you really can't be bothered with the world. The little photo prompts can get you looking at things a little differently, pick you up if you need it or force you to look around. If this sounds like something you need in your life next year have a look at her blog. The list for Jan 2014 is up and ready to go and I'll be snapping away again.

Tonight we will celebrate the year that was and welcome the year that is yet to unfold in front of us. There have been years when being in bed at 9.30pm was the best option on New Years Eve but tonight we will have dinner out and wait until midnight to raise a glass to new beginnings.

This past year we have been able to bring some tedious administration to a close, I've seen small improvements in my husband and his health and we've taken steps as a couple to try and reestablish our relationship and move in a positive direction, all things that deserve a glass of bubbles.

Wishing you and yours happiness and good health in 2014.



No comments:

Post a Comment